At our annual meeting in August of 2022 it was voted on to raise the yearly dues of family memberships from $25.00 to $35.00 and business sponsors from $25.00 to $50.00. This will start on January 1, 2023 for all 2023 memberships.
Embden Pond Association Inc. By-Laws ratified on August 5, 2017 at the annual business meeting and barbecue. Article 6 was updated at our August 2022 annual meeting.
Article 1. Name:
- The name of this Association shall be the Embden Pond Association, Incorporated.
- The Embden Pond Association was incorporated on March 14, 1978, as a private, non-profit corporation and recorded March 16, 1978, File#78ND55.
Article 2. Mission:
- The mission of this Association shall be to promote the protection and enhancement of Embden Pond’s watershed to include and preserve ecological, economic, recreational and aesthetic value.
Article 3. Membership:
- Members of the association shall be property owners in the Embden Pond watershed as specified on the Maine watershed map.
- For purposes of participation in the Embden Pond Association activities, a membership shall be considered to be an individual having one vote or a family having two votes at any regular or special meeting of the Association, provided that two family members are present.
Article 4. Meetings:
- Regular Business Meeting shall be held in August. The August meeting shall be the Annual Meeting.
- Special meetings may be called by the Executive Board as the occasion or occasions demand.
Article 5. Officers:
- The Officers of the Association shall include a President, a Vice President, a Secretary and a Treasurer, all to be elected at the Annual Meeting.
- Officer vacancies shall be filled by appointment by the remaining member of the Executive Board for the remaining fiscal year, at the end of which an election will be held to fill the vacancy for the remainder of the term of that office.
- The Executive Board shall be the four officers of the Association and the Board of Directors.
- Members of the Board of Directors shall be elected to a 3-year term.
- Vacancies on the Executive Board shall be filled by appointment by the remaining members of the Executive Board for the remaining fiscal year, at the end of which an election will be held to fill the vacancy for the remainder of the term of that office.
Article 6. Dues:
- Dues shall be $35.00 annually for family memberships and $50.00 for business sponsors. Honorary members are not required to pay dues. Dues are payable on January 1st for the fiscal year ending December 31st. Changes to the annual dues amount must be voted on and approved by the Association’s members at the August Annual Meeting. Updated and voted on at our August 2022 annual meeting to raise dues as shown above.
Article 7. Amendments:
- These By-laws may be amended at any regular meeting or special meeting of the membership, provided that a least 30 days notice posted on the Embden Pond Association Website shall be given to the members as to the purpose and content of the proposed amendment.
Article 8. Executive Board:
- The Executive Board shall have the power to transact the general business of the Association not otherwise provided for in these By-laws.
Article 9. Committees:
- The Executive Board shall appoint members to serve on any committee necessary to accomplish the work and objectives of the Association. The President will appoint a chairman for each of these committees.
Article 10. Standing Committees:
- The following Standing Committees shall be established annually at the discretion of the President.
- Special Events
- Water Quality
- Invasive Plants
- Public Relations
Article 11. Duties of the Officers:
- Duties of the President: The president shall preside at all meetings of the Association and of the Executive Board. He/she shall be ex-officio a member of all committees. He/she shall be responsible for the general administration of the affairs of the Association. In event of the incapacity or absence of the President, his/her duties will be preformed by the Vice President.
- Duties of the Vice President: The Vice President shall act in the absence of the President. If for any reason the office of President shall become vacant, the Vice President will automatically succeed to that office for the remainder of the term.
- Duties of the Secretary: The secretary shall keep the minutes and keep an accurate record of all meetings of the Association and all meetings of the Executive Board. He/she shall keep a corrected up to date copy of the By-laws and it shall be available at all meetings. In case of absence at any meeting, the President shall appoint a Secretary pro tem. In absence of the Vice President, the Secretary shall perform the duties of the Vice President.
- Duties of the Treasurer: The Treasurer shall keep an accurate record of all receipts and disbursements of the Association. It shall be the duty of the Treasurer to submit appropriate financial records to the Auditor annually, prior to the Annual meeting.
- Duties of the Executive Board: The Executive Board is responsible for administration of the affairs of the Embden Pond Association, Inc. Meetings of the Executive Board shall be held at the discretion of the President or by written request of three Executive Board members.